Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kindergarten

Grab hold of a magic pencil
Open your eyes and mind
For now begins a journey
Of the most exciting kind.
A journey into learning
A step...a start...a glow,
And we will be there with you
To help and watch you grow.
Author unknown

I got a new position for next year. I am going to be teaching kindergarten! I am very excited about this opportunity. I love first grade, but kinder has always been my dream. When I was a teenager..or even younger...if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I said "a kindergarten teacher." I actually changed my major after 1 semester at school from Elementary Ed to Early Childhood Ed so I would have a special endorsement to teach the littlest ones. So goodbye first grade...hello kinder!

(You should see the amount of stuff I have that I can't use next year. It is amazing what teachers accumulate.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I know how badly you wanted that job.
Cassie

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Way to go, Chia! I do remember those high school days when you talked of one day being a kindergarten teacher. And now you will be!

tara said...

I am so happy for you! Maybe you could sell some of that stuff on craigs list if you think you won't ever use it again?