Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Little of This And A Little of That

Ken: He is working. As usual. And while I was in Austin, he fixed the dining room wall and hung a chandelier! The wall has had a hole in it and has been a total wreck since the beehive incident last summer (click here). Now I have a beautiful and completely painted kitchen and dining room! I love that man.


Nathan: He is acting like a three year old. Instead of answering "no like" to everything you say he says "no wait, wait." And he wants to do everything himself. It takes forever! I have to patiently remind myself that this is how he learns. Let him do it himself. He says the cutest things all the time and melts everyones heart with his big eyes and sweet little voice!

Tonight he got out a book of stickers and spent about an hour carefully placing them on his leg.
Finished product!

Kenny: He spends his days in his little world of imagination either being Wall-E or some Star Wars character. He has kept busy with his Legos and has built some amazing ships. They look like the kind you buy at the store but he is inventing them on his own. He ability to design and build things is so far beyond his age group. He even helps me put things together and he's better at it. I have seen him look at a set of instructions written for an adult and without being able to read them he puts the thing together. He's not very athletic, mostly due to his size, but he has the mind of a scientist and a problem solver. Kenny is also getting into the Olympic Games. they really open up a lot of discussion about different sports, working as a team, and various cultures. PS-You can also see the finished wall in this picture! Piper: She's the only girl I have and will finally let me put bows in her fur and keep them there. This pink bow has been in for about 5 days now! It's the little things that make me happy.

Me and the Little Love Bug: I am feeling pregnant. I'm basically over being sick as long as I eat every hour of so. My belly popped out about 2 weeks ago and I am now wearing only maternity clothes which is fun. I like having a cute belly. I have been having a lot of pain in my lower back and round ligaments (the side ligaments supporting my belly). I am looking forward to about two months from now when I am big enough for the belly to rest on the pelvic/hip bones and take the pressure off my abdominal muscles. I still have contractions but things are okay at this point. The baby is doing fine as far as I know. I have a doctor appointment this Thursday. I am able to cook again which will help our budget a lot. I have one more week until I go back to work and I plan to make the most of it- as much as I am physically able.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Sounds like everyone is doing great. Love Nathan's leg! Enjoy your last week...getting plenty of rest! (c;

Mother Goose said...

Glad you are feeling better. Me, not so much. It has actually gotten worse since we were in Houston. Yuck! The doctor told me to eat what I could keep down. I told him that would be skittles and sprite.

I also got out my maternity clothes too a couple of weeks ago. Mostly because when we moved I knew where the maternity box was and not the rest of my clothes.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!