Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Delicate Art of Gingerbread Houses

Seriously, have you tried to make one of these?
First, you must make sure the frosting is stiff enough to be glue.
Then you have to strategically place the frosting glue just right so the cookie part of the house will stand up straight. This may not be hard in and of itself, but the house must also be strong enough to withstand the weight of candy and the preschool fingers that push the candy into the house. Thankfully, Daddy did the assembling work. He is much better at this sort of thing. I'm too clumsy. Overall, our gingerbread house making experience was a great success! And for those of you who will be spending Christmas in Texas, you get to eat it!


On a side note, Nathan learned how to use a doorknob today. He has been working on it for a few weeks, but this afternoon he finally got the grab and twist action down. He is growing up way too fast! He copies everything his brother does (good and bad). I asked Kenny to clean his room and afterwards I said, "Alright buddy. Good job on the room. Give me five!" Nathan bee-lined it over to me, held up his hand, and said, "good job." He will not be left out.

On another side note, Kenny decided that Piper needed to have fur that matched the color of her collar. So he took his new marker (thanks Mergz and Spen) and colored Piper purple. I asked why he colored her and he said, "She needs to be decorated for Christmas." He was so innocent about it, I couldn't get mad.

No comments: